Sunday, January 31, 2010

Picky Eater

For some reason, my pictures won't show up. They are really cute pictures of Erin making a huge mess eating cottage cheese with her fingers. Maybe someday you can see them. But not today. My computer and I are not getting along.

Anyway, lately the only thing Erin will really eat is cottage cheese. She won't eat the things she used to love, and I don't know what to do. I can't get her to eat any kind of veggies or fruit that she used to love. I even tried some unusual things such as kiwi and avacodo, and they were a no-go. The second anything but cottage cheese touches her tongue, she just spits it out. What do I do? Any advice?

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Coming from the expert over here, I would say hide the fruit in the cottage cheese! She's no dummy though so I doubt she'd fall for it. :)

Michael Berbert said...

This happens all the time. I don't know why but they just all the sudden hate everything. Just keep trying all the things she used to like as well as new things and she will decide she likes food again. She won't starve she will eat when she wants to.

Alena said...

I think cottage cheese is a winner. Babies do so well and need so much of the nutrients from animal foods. The fats, proteins and calcium is huge in what she needs. Have you tried making her a yogurt shake? I would take the best quality plain or vanilla yogurt you can find. Mountain view is my favorite and blend in frozen fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, mangoes and bananas. I always do bananas and some other combo of fruit. Babies, if they are presented with the right kinds of foods will ironically pick out the things they need. And what she is doing is completely normal. Best of luck. Alena

Alena said...

Your post below is hilarious. Some people really are children...forever!

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

Thanks for all the advice!

Ash, I have tried hiding the fruit in the cottage cheese, she just spits it out the little squirt.

Brit, yeah, she's definately not starving, I just don't want her to picky all her life. Like me and her Dad.

Alena, yeah, I guess cottage cheese is good, there are a lot of nutrients in it, that's why we gave it to her in the first place.
At least it's that and not chocolate. We did make her a smoothie, actually with Mountain View yogurt, it was blueberry banana...no dice.