Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What's good for the Gosling is good for the Goose




So we have been feeding Erin "Big People Food" since about the middle of December. Me and Erin went on a trip to Virginia to see my Sister in Law Jessica and her baby boy Ammon. Ammon has refused to eat baby food for a while and passed that on to Erin during the trip. She now just will not eat baby food. Not even rice cereal. So we feed her things like cheerios, bread, bananas, apple sauce (which she will eat, even though it is exactly like baby food). We're trying to get a variety of food for her, and make it good for her too. I was hoping that since we bought healthy food for her, that maybe we would start eating better, too. Yesterday for lunch I gave her whole wheat pasta, broccoli and cauliflower, and cottage cheese. I swear she ate a half cup of pasta, then about 6 peices of broccoli and cauliflower, and almost 1/3 cup of cottage cheese, then I only made her 6 oz of formula, thinking she'd be full. She drank that and cried for more when it was gone. Of course, though, when I made her another 2 oz, she wouldn't drink it. I should have known.

So what did Mom eat? Whole wheat pasta with italian dressing and parmesan cheese, and leftover creamed carrots. Not exactly healthy. At least it was whole wheat!

1 comment:

Michael Berbert said...

I always make my kids eat healthy, then what do I do eat crap.