Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Non-winning Arrangement









On Monday night, we had a flower arranging contest at work. I had been looking forward to this for about a month and a half. We have this new building at Jimmy's, and it is so awesome. We had an open house to tour the new facilities, with dinner and this design contest. We had Goodwood barbecue for dinnner, which is supposed to be sooo good, but I am not a huge fan of barbecue. We didn't really get a "tour" of the new building, and my arrangement did not win. I was bummed out. My own husband doesn't even like this arrangement! I like to think of myself as tough, but I was surprised at how sad I felt when no one liked it. Oh well.



3 comments:

Falling Foward with Grace said...

oh my goodness Karlee! I am so mad! my comment didn't post. I always thought i did OKAY with computers but doing this blogspot thing is making me feel so dumb. I am struggling so bad! ARG!!!!! Fester rott!

Falling Foward with Grace said...

Okay.. so my original comment went something like this (cough* Cough*)
“That is sad story if I have ever heard one! I am so sorry Karlee! I love you flower arrangement!!!!!! I am going to start an “I love Karlee’s flower arrangement fan club” and I’ll be one of your groupies and I’ll make pins and buttons that express our undying love for your work. We will also make T-shirts with pictures of your “non-winning arrangement” that should’ve won. I just need to find some followers.”  That’s not exactly what I said but it was something to that extent. I am sure the one I originally wrote is better but you’ll never know for sure because it didn’t post! Sigh*

Alena said...

Karlee, it is beautiful and so good. I was impressed before I read the story. Keep your chin up-if at first you don't succeed try, try again. I have always loved your work. Hugs-Alena