Sunday, January 31, 2010

Arg!

Okay, all of you who have ever worked in retail will probably have had a situation exactly like this, so you can understand my ranting an appreciate that ranting is something that needs to be done.

I work one and a half days a week. In the last month, meaning the last 4 saturdays, I have had the same conversation on the phone with the same mind-numbingly-stupid-woman:

Me: "Jimmy's flowers, how can I help you?"

MNSW: "How late are you open?"

Me: "Until 5:00"

MNSW: "And you're still there?"

Me: "Yes, it's only 3:30."

MNSW: "I just thought you would be gone by now. Do you have candles?"

Me: "We have all kinds of candles, are you looking for a certain kind?"

MNSW: "What do you mean, there's only one kind?"

Me: "Well, are you looking for scented?"

MNSW: " Well of course, there's no other kind, why would you want an unscented candle, that's what they're for! There's no such thing as an unscented candle!"

Me: "Well, actually we do have unscented ones."

MNSW: "Well, that's just silly. Yes, I want scented ones, otherwise I wouldn't buy them. "

Me: "Yes, we do have scented candles."

MNSW: "Well, are they the crappy kind that don't last long? How much are they, do you have many?"

Me: "They burn for a 65-85 hours, we do have a variety of scents, they're very high quality."

MNSW: "Okay, then."

Then this woman procedes to come in 10 minutes before 5:00 and just wander around the store looking at things. I know she has bought candles before, she knows where they are, yet she looks around the whole store and is there until, like, 5:30 just wandering, then finally asks "oh, are you closing, I'm sorry!" AAARRGG! She makes me absolutely insane! I am not kidding, I have had that same conversation with her on 3 of the last 4 saturdays. One time she even asked us to pay for her bus fare since we were closing and she didn't know it. after she had asked. She is just as stupid in person as she is over the phone, I can't even begin to tell you how freakin' MIND NUMBINGLY STUPID she is! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That made me laugh so hard. Next time: MNSW "What time do you close?" You "We closed an hour ago. Oh crap, that means I've got to get home. Talk to you next weekend!"

Let me know if that works out for you.

Falling Foward with Grace said...

Karlee! You make me laugh. I think I am going to do that to someone. Call every week and ask about candles. LOL. Just thinking about it makes me laugh again. Seriously, unscented candles do seem a little silly. Maybe she is like Dori and just forgets that she did that the week before? It would probably be funnier if Ellen was doing it though! I think I am going to start calling be MNSW. I wonder how you would pronounce that?? Would I just say M.N.S.W or would I say em-swa? HMMM... Stupid emn-swe! I don't know? Your story reminds me of a lady at Joe's would always call begging for our butter that we dip the crabs in. All it is half butter half margarine. Anyways.. Finally my boss gave in and started selling it to her because she wouldn't leave him alone. He said that that is what she gets for being so stupid.

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

Ash, I love your idea. I'm going to do it. She probably won't even get it.

Jess, I probably wouldn't feel like punching her if she was anywhere near as funny as Ellen.