Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rylee's First Birthday

Here are some pictures from Rylee's First Birthday Party!  The theme was 'Fun in the Sun'.  Everything was sun.  I love a theme.  Sun decorations, Sun food, Sun cake, Sun songs, Sun clothes, Sun pinata, and of course, Sunflowers! 

So I have been OBSESSING about this party for about 3 months. I'm not even kidding. There were lots of nights where I would wake up at 4 in the morning and start thinking about this party and not go back to sleep. Hence the title of this blog. So, here are the results of all my obsessing. It turned out really good, in my humble opinion...


I made this banner in the beginning of July.  Cute, huh?  I found a craft store that let me use their die cuts for free if I bought the paper there.  It was really fun.   I also hand made all the invitations with die cuts.  I don't have a picture of them.  They were really really cute.  If I do say so myself.

This fun netting was from Tai Pan, I love it.  I need more for my next party. (in a couple years.)  I bought all the decorations from one of my favorite websites, Celebrate Express.  They have everything for parties!

Another favorite website of mine is Oriental Trading Company.  They have so much fun stuff.  That's where I got all the sunglasses for these favor tubs.  Everyone was supposed to wear them, but the adults in my family were not cooperative.  Go figure.  I don't know if you can see the stickers, but they are custom Sun stickers from Zazzle.com, they say 'Rylee is One'.  Fun!

The banner in the background is all of Rylee's pictures each month of her first year.  I loved this idea, so I had to steal it from my friend Martha. (not Stuart, but close)  Also here is Rylee's first Traditional Birthday Rose.  We wanted a fun tradition, so we thought we would give the girls one rose for each of their birthdays.

Here is a closeup of the netting, it is so fun.  Ignore the blown off tablecloth.  I got these fancy tablecloth clips, but the tables were to thick to use them.  Sheesh. And of course there was a breeze, but that was lucky cuz it was freakin' hot.

Here is Auntie Terry filling up all the boys' water guns.  Perhaps the water guns were not the best idea, but it was meant to keep people cool.

I also found all these perfectly colored balls at Walmart.  Please ignore Erin's Finger, she was holding that sucker stick...

The Birthday Girl was being so cute and Smiley!  She is such a doll, and was so happy despite the fact that she didn't nap that day.

Her favorite presents were the clothes, funnily, and especially a cute jean skirt that Aunt Ashlee gave her.  She had a blast opening the presents!

Hitting things with a stick (or in this case, broom) is always fun.  I forgot to get a stick and a blindfold.  I can't think of everything, okay.

 
 
Erin stuffed all the candy in her pocket, she loves pockets right now.
 

Here are my Masterpeice cakes.  They weren't quite as monstrous as the Easter Monstrosity, but still they took a lot of hours over two days.  It was my first attempt at piping frosting.  Not too horrible, I thougtht.  I still need practise, though.


Here she is, eating her cake!  She is not very aggressive when it comes to cake.  It's not her favorite.

I love this pic of Steven and Cindy.  I wish I had a picture of Rylee's face, too.  I'm sure it was really cute! 

She wanted to share with everyone.  So cute.

My mom got the handful that was already in her mouth.  Gma is a good sport.
 
Here's the damage!  I love giving a whole cake to a one year old! 
 
I really had fun throwing this party, but I'm glad it's done!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

It was so fun! Good work! I'll let you plan all of my parties because no way can I pull that off!

Ericksens and their half dozen said...

This is all so cute!