Tuesday, August 7, 2012

In the Kitchen, all too rare...

This is going to be a pretty plentiful post, so if I don't get at least one comment, I'm going to be very very sad.  So I have been on Weight Watchers for about 11 months.  At first it was really easy, but now it's getting harder.  It has lead me to try to like things I haven't liked before, and try new 'Skinny' recipes.  My favorite new website is Skinny Taste, it has had all kinds of new things for me to try.  I had read this recipe for Chicken Rollatini with Zuccini and Mozarella a couple weeks ago and my mouth has been watering ever since.  So I attempted to make it on Sunday.  It is not for the beginner cook, which, sadly, I have become.  I have let my cooking skills dwindle to practically nothing, as we have had cereal most nights since having children.  It's just easier.  But anyway... this recipe had me using fresh garlic.  I have been introduced to fresh garlic since I found Skinny Taste, and I think there is really no comparison.  I had to get me a garlic press, though.  I had used the press once before.  It broke.  Apparently it is cheap.  So I had to finish "chopping" the garlic by hand.  It's not easy.  Then I saute, saute, saute, grate zuccini and cut my chicken breasts in half so that they are thinner.  That was not easy.  Then I had to dip the rolled chicken in oil and bread crumbs while trying to not let it fall apart, then bake it.  But people, it was all worth it.  Hopefully next time it will be easier.  Cuz I'm gonna make this again! It was so Yummy!


While I was making this for over an hour, Rylee and Erin were hanging out in the kitchen with me.  This is what Rylee was doing: 


For some reason I can't get the video of Erin to load.  Ug.
So, as I mentioned, I've been on WW, and I've finally hit 50 lbs lost!  Go me!!  I usually don't brag, but I'm so excited.  I can even wear my wedding ring again, after almost 7 years.  I stopped being able to wear it when I worked at a nursery; I didn't want it to get dirty and scratched.  Then my finger was too fat to wear it. :(  But now I can again!  WOO HOO!!!!!!
This is me at probably my most overweight, and the day I really thougth I had to do something.  Not pregnant.  At all. 

Here I am now, 50 lbs lighter!  Yay!  Still got a ways to go, but I'm pluggin' away!  You can't lose what you've gained in 9 years in just 9 months, right?

So, anyway, I'll try to post the Erin video on another post, maybe I can't have two videos in one post. 

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Baaaaaaaaahhhh! So many comments. I'll try to go in order of their presentation.

1) I want that recipe if it's as good as you say. How many points was it? Do you like ground turkey? Do you like Shepherd's Pie? There's a WW recipe I've already made at least 4 times and I love it.

2) Rylee is totally going to walk to me the minute I get there. T-minus 9 days.

3) 50 lbs?! Woooooot! Way to go girl. I'm so proud of you. I bet Tyson is also thrilled you can wear your ring. :) YOU LOOK AMAZING! Look at your arms! Half the size.

4) Keep up the good work. You're inspiring! You'll be a pro, skinny cook in no time at all. So proud of you! Love you!

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING, ASHLEE! I guess all a girl's got to do to get a comment is to lose 50 lbs. The recipe is on the website on that link, just search for 'Chicken Rollatini' and you'll find it, or look under the chicken label on the right side. It is SO Good. It is 4 points for one 3 oz roll with the stuffing. I tried ground turkey one time but I had a bad attitude and didn't like it. Maybe if it was in shepherds pie I could handle it. I haven't had that for a loooong time, didn't like it when I was a kid, but that's true of a lot of things.

Michael Berbert said...

Good Job you look amazing!

shy said...

Karlee you are amazing you are looking so good! I can't believe that first picture was ever you. Keep it up you can totally do it :)