Saturday, July 21, 2012

Randomish

I just really wanted to share this cute pic of Erin wearing her daddy's shoes.

And here's some more of my garden.  I bet you really don't care about my garden, but I think it's really fun.  Here is a pic of our tiny cauliflowers, another crook neck squash and an acorn squash.  The cauliflower was really not good.  It was spicy hot.  Really wierd,  I don't know if I picked it too early, too late or what.  Maybe it needs fertilizer?  I've pretty much decided to bag it next year.  And the broccoli, too.  It never looked like broccoli.  And we probably only need one crook neck plant.  I don't think I can eat all of it, as no one else in the fam likes it.  Not even Rylee.  I cooked it with garlic, peppers, onions and basil yesterday and it was pretty tasty.  I googled recipes for it and didn't find much.  That was an adaptation of one of the recipes I found.  I think maybe the acorn was not quite ripe, or I cooked it to long or something.  I cooked it with butter and brown sugar and cinnamon.  It was tasty but a bit mushy.  Maybe I need to wait for frost or something. 



Here is my overflowing garden!  It is so fun!!

No comments: